So how is ML on the retina macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blue604, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Blue604 macrumors regular

So ML is out. I am still waiting for my code.

How does the retina macbook perform after the upgrade (official version, not beta)?

2. Pacwell macrumors member

I dont really notice a difference in overall snappiness. Im sure theres been some official testing of frame rate or whatnot post upgrade. I know people were complaining about things like FB having sub 30fps or something.

3. Panini macrumors regular

There's still lag if you go to image-intensive sites like theverge, but it's mostly fixed on other websites (like the Apple website).

BUT

I did notice a slight jerkiness when you "overscroll" and the screen slowly comes back to the the regular spot. It only appears if you overshoot considerably, though.

Bottom line: It will shut up 99% of the complainers. Unfortunately I happen to be in the 1% (that's not to say I'm grateful for this update, I'm just concerned if this means it will be the last update for UI lag on the rMBP).

4. prfrma macrumors regular

I'm noticing a big distance on things our wiping between full screen apps and Resizing windows - chrome canary seems broken in comparison though.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

6. Uzinusa macrumors newbie

Works very well here also. Snappier and smooth.

7. deerfaced macrumors regular

Seems pretty much the same to me. Still jitters a little when using launchpad or whatever it's called, and switching spaces.

It's only slight - and only usually for the first time you do that animation. Doesn't really matter.