So how long do you thing my feb release MBP will last?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DAAAAAAAVE, Dec 3, 2008.

1. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

Ok so i bought it day of release, arrived like 2 weeks later. Specs:
    15.4 inch
    2.5 ghz
    2 MB RAM
    250gb 5200 rpm HDD

It is turned off for a max of 2 hours a day. Used mostly word processing and surfing with occasional burning, video editing and gaming (yeah i bought for screen size but like the speed when i need it). So how long do you guys reckon this bad boy will hold out before something decides to die? Just thought before i went out and bought applecare i should check

2. A.Jai macrumors member

A.Jai

Buy Applecare no matter what!! Mine has paid for itself over and over again. Plus if you end up wanting to sell your computer in the future having a warranty still in effect is a major selling point.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

While my MBP is still under a year old, I have also bought Applecare for it. Anyway, it is something which I consider to be a cross between a good investment and an insurance policy. If you sell the computer, Applecare is a bonus; besides, you are covered for three years if something breaks down.

Cheers

4. DYER macrumors 6502

Considering the Graphics issues with the 8600m it is probably worth buying applecare allthough tbh I don't know if they extended the warranty for that part. Someone else will know better than i do.

5. DAAAAAAAVE thread starter macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

Thanks alot guys. I was leaning towards buying it because its a macbook pro and i can't afford to be forking out for another one after a year and a half. I want to get a while out of it so applecare till that runs out then just run it till it stops. Thanks guys.

6. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

At this point, I'm looking at my purchase of Applecare with some regret, but overall a purchase that will hopefully break even. I've owned my MBP Classic since October and basically constantly left it on, churning away at full capacity with rosetta@home when i'm not using it. So far there hasn't been a single crash, a single hickup of any kind. Knock on wood!

The MBP Classic is like the honda civic of computers!

Hopefully the buyer will pay extra for the apple care covered computer, but really, I don't think i'll ever need it.