So How Much Can I Sell My 3GS for now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjared, Jun 7, 2010.

1. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

Well I certainly was expecting to shell out another $499 for the new 32Gb (64Gb?:mad:) phone.

But now with the price of the new one only being $299 what does that do for 3gs re-sale?

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

It doesn't really do anything.

You can sell your 3GS with no commitment. That will still command roughly equal or many times more than the contract prices of the new iPhone.

3. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

This is no different than previous years.

You can still sell your 3GS, and since it doesn't come tied to a contract (with a $300 ETF), you should be able to get a good amount for it.

The only problem is craigslist/ebay/etc. become absolutely flooded with previous gen iPhones right around the launch of a new one. People willing to go a bit lower on the price can get theirs sold faster.

That's what I'll probably do.

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

If you can unlock it you'll get a lot more for it.

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I've had more success selling my old iPhones to people in person...that way they can see it and take delivery faster...I'd say at most you can get 200-300 for one that's locked to AT&T depending on the memory and maybe 100 more if it's unlocked...there will be a plethora of pre owned 3GS for sell this summer

6. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

With the new one's being so cheap if like me your 3Gs isn't in a great condition, scratches and stuff I cant imagine it'll be worth very much at all.

But if you've kept it nice then there's always someone willing to buy a cheap well looked after phone!