Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dataquest

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
I've been wondering about this. So, when I receive my new iPhone 4, I am assuming that it will have the new micro sim already installed in the phone. I won't just be able to pop my old regular sim into it. I'm thinking that I will go to iTunes to setup the new iPhone 4 and do all of the rate plan setup and somewhere along the way it will transfer my current phone number to my new iPhone 4's micro sim. Do you guys think this is the way it'll work?
A drawback to this new micro sim thing is that I no longer will be able to swap the sim from my iPhone 4 to any old phone that i may wish to use for whatever reason. But I'm thinking that there will be adapters that will work just fine, so that won't really be a problem. Just throwing this out there.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
New iPhone will be preprogrammed w/ your phone number. When you activate w/ iTunes it will deactivate your iPhone and effectively turn it into an iPod Touch. iTunes will then ask if you want to "restore" a previous backup or set up as new. If you want the same setup as your old iPhone hit restore.

Dataquest

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
New iPhone will be preprogrammed w/ your phone number. When you activate w/ iTunes it will deactivate your iPhone and effectively turn it into an iPod Touch. iTunes will then ask if you want to "restore" a previous backup or set up as new. If you want the same setup as your old iPhone hit restore.

That's what I figured. Ok, thanks for confirming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.