So how was everyones past saturday?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by toolbox, Jul 13, 2009.

1. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Hi all, how was everyones past saturday? (12/7/09.)

I came home from work to find my brother had bought a carpet python and was letting it wriggle all over the carpet. Yay for me he knows i dislike snakes

Having said that how was everone elses?

2. Queso macrumors G4

Pretty cool, and relatively snake free, which was a bit of a bonus :)

3. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

It was good, nice and bludgy, just the way I like it!

4. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Jeez, you're asking a relatively big question for myself because to be honest I have slept since then so I don't remember. :eek:

5. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

I spent half of my day detailing my car - which I love to do. It rained just after, as expected. Doesn't bother me though, I had just finished waxing it so it beaded off beautifully. :)

6. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

You could accidently, of course, leave the back door ajar and the carpet python will soon become a grass python…
    Beats me why people want snakes for pets.
    *creepy*

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Does not compute.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Spent Saturday buying and building a new desktop PC to replace our oldest (2.8ghz AMD Black thingy, ATi 4670, 4gb ram, 1.5tb. Against the old 2ghz P4, ATi 9600 Pro, 512mb ram, 30gb) just so my sister could play The Sims 3 :rolleyes:... And me to play L4D in something other than low settings.

And worked on my new game which should be finished in a few days. It's a mystery game where the player is only told the controls and has to work out the premise and solution themselves.

9. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

I was up in the village where my parents live, and was out at the cafe there till about 1 in the morning. Fun times listening to all the old guys from the village tell their stories.

10. Queso macrumors G4

And quite appropriately in the main neither did I (give or take two hours of e-mail support on Saturday). Probably why this weekend was rather good :)

11. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

My Saturday was dreadfully boring. Sunday was a much better day.

Last night I walked into town hoping that one of the two bars would be open, I was in luck. Walking into a bar, in a strange small town(population 524), for the first time can be a little bit interesting. What I walked into was an impromptu going away party for one of the locals. He is off to jail this morning for a DUI.

After many pranks being played on each other they decided to go a few blocks away to play volleyball before the sun went down. I love volleyball so I went with. Drunken volleyball played in the headlights of cars, on a sand court is very fun.

After the volleyball was over we went back to the bar where we drank some more then one of the guys started making sparkler bombs and was setting them off in the road. I've never done this but once I saw how they were made and how they worked I threw in some ideas for making them more effective. We were able to get a 5 gallon bucket to fly about 40 feet into the air with only one small box of sparklers.

When the place closed one of the couples took me back to my truck so I wouldn't have to walk back. Everyone told me that I need to come back next time I'm near town, I will.

12. MacVixen macrumors 6502

^^
    That sounds like an awesome evening. Going away party at the bar for a guy going to jail for a DUI? Genius! :D

My Saturday was nice. I was kid-free as the mother-in-law wanted her "granmama time" with my two sons. Had lunch with my best friend from high school and then a nice visit with my brother that I don't get to see very often. Was heading back home for a quiet evening with the husband when the cell phone rings and it's the mother-in-law. My almost-4 year old rode his tricycle off the front porch and took a nice tumble down the stairs :eek: He was crying and in need of his mommy so I headed over there to pick up both boys about 24 hours ahead of schedule. He's a little bloody and bruised up, but he survived, so it's all good.

13. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

I did some yard work, snake free. And then when it started to rain, I started transferring applications and data to the new Macbook Pro.

So, it was all good......

14. joro macrumors 68020

joro

It was great, I took some engagement pictures for some clients which turned out spectacular! As a side bonus, the customer’s like them too…;)

15. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Wasn't Saturday actually the 11th? Aaannnddd my Saturday was alright, thankyou for asking :)

16. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Awesome, I was worried about how it'd go but everything seemed to work out for the best :)

17. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Found a delightful seafood restaurant.

3 Lobster Tails + Filet Mignon = 25 bucks.

I. Was. In. Heaven. :D

18. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Awesome, thanks! Spent the day at the flea market with my kid.

19. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Saturday it rained and thundered most of the day. Had a second cup of coffee, a nap, held the new kitten we rescued (well she's kind of an all-day thing), and I don't remember what else after that.

pretty blasé.

20. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Had the most relaxed Saturday. I did basically bugger all. Had the cricket on TV all day, tatted around on the internet then to finish the evening off I cooked a chicken curry and washed it down with a couple of bottles of wine (between my wife and me)

The best kind of Saturday if you ask me!

21. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Mine was great. It was my birthday so I was pretty much having fun all day long. Started around 11am.. didn't finish till around midnight or so. Oh yes, there was alcohol abound and I was feeling no pain for pretty much most of the day!

Watched the UFC fights with a bunch of really good friends...... had excellent bbq tri-tip. Had my own little slice of heaven (german chocoloate cake). So yeah, my Saturday was great!!!!!