Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Will it be available for sale on the website at 6pm EDT across the board or 9pm EDT across the board?

Everyone is talking about going into an AT&T store, but I prefer not to deal with the idiocy of cell phone salesmen or the madhouse of an Apple Store.

(Sidebar: Yes, I love self-checkout, self-check in, and doing everything myself. I want all humans to be replaced by machines where I can do everything myself.

The self-checkout at the store is a God-send, that way I don't have to deal with the attitudes of the 16 year old cashier and the bagger who puts 20 items of groceries in 20 different bags.)

Gonzlobo

Suspended
May 9, 2007
Albuquerque
Will it be available for sale on the website at 6pm EDT across the board or 9pm EDT across the board?

Everyone is talking about going into an AT&T store, but I prefer not to deal with the idiocy of cell phone salesmen or the madhouse of an Apple Store.

(Sidebar: Yes, I love self-checkout, self-check in, and doing everything myself. I want all humans to be replaced by machines where I can do everything myself.

The self-checkout at the store is a God-send, that way I don't have to deal with the attitudes of the 16 year old cashier and the bagger who puts 20 items of groceries in 20 different bags.)

Plus the self-checkout machine doesn't have those gigantic ear rings or stupid tongue bolts that sclurrr their scpeech.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK

Well then you get the attitude of the machine that can't deal with bags which you have brought along with stuff already in them.

Seriously, maybe I'm lucky, but the checkout staff in Leamington are fine (though I always pack my own bags as I cycle), I think it's a bit give and take, if you treat them like humans they treat you like a human back ;).

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
According to the recent cnn.com article it won't be available online at launch. It said at corporate AT&T and Apple stores with limited availability, then online when there are more units. Not sure what to make of that.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
any idea how long it'll take to ship??

Also, will it have to redirect you through the AT&T account pages to sign new contracts etc??? dunno how this is going to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.