So I already got a replacement Iphone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Buckely, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Buckely macrumors newbie

My Iphone 4 on launch day had a few defects. Most notably the mute/silent toggle on the side did not work. the phone would switch between the two with the slightest bump or tap but the button did squat. I brought it into the apple store and they gave me a new one. The store I went to had about 100 replacement phones on site.

has anyone else needed a replacement phone yet?

2. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

are replacements refurbs or new units at this point?

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

They should all still be new units. Refurb units wouldn't not be out for a while I would think. Maybe a month or so.

4. Telecacher macrumors member

A co-worker of mine got a replacement the day they launched. Early pre-order, we both got ours a day early. Her's bricked during activation. After a call to Apple, who contact the nearest store manager, she was told to go to the front of the line and he would be expecting her. Fifteen minutes later she had a brand new iPhone 4.

I honestly was very impressed.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I had to have my original iPhone 4 replaced...It was actually a very good unit with a great display but it kept on freezing during calls and had trouble getting on to the 3G data network...kept reverting to Edge....anyway, they replaced the phone yesterday at my local store with a brand new shrink-wrapped boxed iPhone 4...this is seems very good...no yellowing on the display and so far at least, no network issues...

6. random person macrumors 6502a

Are they replacing unite with the left hand reception problems too? Or are they saying that all units have that problem and wait for a fix?