So I am playing with this while i wait for iOS5.0 and the iphone 5.............

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cali4ever, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Ran across this , I gotta say it looks much better than the one you posted ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxcJevPVvQQ

iPhone >>> WinPhone7

2. scott craft macrumors 6502a

Windows phone 7 is pretty nice. I played with one the other day and I was impressed enough that I'm considering getting one.

3. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

WP7 = Social networking feature phone.

Have you noticed that 95% of videos about WP7 are facebook, twitter and maps that show there to eat?

4. naths macrumors 6502

was considering a WP7 phone,but not many good handsets out with it yet,so went for the GS2,gobsmacking compared to the iphone,will get a WP7 when Nokia release their tp spec one i think,i think the WP7 version of the N9 will be one of the best phones ever released!!!..think its called the searay...

5. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

I do enjoy watching the elegant animations in WP7, but I think the OS layout and design, is just too layed out.

I dont know, using it, its hard to explain.
    You always constantly have to tap, scroll, scroll, tap, scroll just to get to a feature or setting.

The whole thing feels like your folding up a piece of paper 100 times

6. walie macrumors 6502a

Have you ever tried turning on bluetooth on the iPhone?

7. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Yup.. Status bar swipe, tap.

Of course, mines jailbroken so.. lol xD

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Did you ever look at the iPhone ads? They're for apps or flaunting the thinness of the iPhone (pro-tip: the Focus is <1mm thicker)

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

How ironic, while waiting for iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 I'm using a WP7 phone too! Granted it's an HD2 that's been flashed to WP7, but still....

10. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I know what you mean, I only tried it in the shop for a few minutes and got tired of all the swiping, tapping and clicking. Looked really nice and smooth, but I imagine my thumb would be worn down after a month of use!

11. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

From what I've seen I really do think this time next year I'll have a WP7 phone, my girlfriend has a WP7 device which she currently doesn't use anymore and I haven't bothered updating it or anything but I do prefer the interface to iOS and even Android. And with the improvements on it and Nokia releasing phones running it things can only get better I suppose.

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Same here.

I didn't like the Metro UI at first. Then I started to like it. Now I am back into not liking it as much as I used to. Probably because I am OCD and want things to be perfectly centered. Plus, I would rather have something where it doesn't run in the background all the time to kill off the battery life or eat up data.

With Android, the browser always seems to be faster than iOS and WP7. Plus, it can play FLASH and you can customize the look of it unlike WP7.

webOS cards like multi-tasking on Android
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s92BLUj6r0

And for battery, there is this app called Juice Defender.

How to QUADRUPLE your Android Battery Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8D2GO-96F4&feature=related

I think Microsoft came a little too late with this revamped OS. Android has the better future and already an established present.

GOOGLE KEYNOTE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxzucwjFEEs

13. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I'm going to try and get a windows phone from somewhere that won't charge a restocking fee if I return it. I've played with one and watched a lot of videos and I think it's pretty neat, but using one everyday will tell the tale.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

14. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

i like the LOOK of the W7 mobile platform, but the rest all sucks.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

There just doesn't seem to be a standout WP7 phone since you really can't differentiate them all that much. Most of the buzz this year has something to do with the Mango update. There isn't much anticipation for any specific WP7 phone except the ones from Nokia because they are so popular. Where is the dual core phones? Where is the customization? After the luster wears off, people will just move onto something better. And the luster of anything fresh will always wear off when it still is a young OS. I still prefer the lock screen of their old WinMo OS.

Of course, I wouldn't underestimate Nokia's global popularity which should close the sales gap outside the U.S. Americans may not seem to care about Nokia and likewise for them, but Nokia still is a hugely popular global brand and Apple will pay them royalties which can boost their income quarterly.

It just seems to be right now that it is a two-horse race instead of three.

[​IMG]

16. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Communicating or keeping in touch with friends is exactly what many (not all) people want to do with their smartphones.

Microsoft threw away a decade's worth of business oriented mobile OS to embrace it.

Many Android makers also knew this and integrated social networks early on.

Apple realizes it now, and is adding some social support with Twitter integration.

17. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

social networking feature phone? what makes a phone a smartphone to you? it has very powerful business features built in, and after mango, will not have be missing anything the other major players have