So I bit the bullet -- Some questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entity, Jul 20, 2009.

1. entity macrumors regular

I currently own a late 2008 13" uMB 2.0GHz. It was my first Mac ever. Needless to say, I'm hooked and there's no looking back. I purchased this Mac with my friends Apple discount, so I got it for $975.

I made a big jump and bought a mid 2009 15" uMBP 2.66GHz on eBay (link here). Priced at $1,829, coupled with a Bing.com 8% off, it's sitting at $1,682 and no sales tax or shipping. I already have a buyer lined up at work for my old uMB for $800, which I think is fair.

Anyway, my question is about warranty status. I know the risks I took buying from eBay, but the seller has really good feedback and only sells computers. Extended AppleCare purchase shouldn't be a problem, right? If there is something wrong with the computer out-of-the-box and the seller won't exchange, I expect Apple to repair it instead of replacing it, right? Lastly, do I still qualify for the $10 Snow Leopard upgrade?

Basically I'm looking for some reassurance on my decision. I think it's a pretty good price for what I got.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You should qualify for Snow Leopard and yes, Apple Care should cover any major problems.

3. entity thread starter macrumors regular

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think getting applecare will pose a problem

as long as the serial number on the computer checks out, i.e., not stolen.

I doubt it. I'm not sure if ebay purchases fall under the umbrella of the SL upgrade. Its probably no big deal given the cheap price of Snow Leopard anyways.