So I called ATT about MMS....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Westin, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Westin macrumors regular

And they really did try to help... the guy tried to provision my account for mms. I am on the normal text plan (not iphone) and have my sim in a palm centro. The guy said it was conflicting with my iphone data plan and that he couldnt get it provisioned. I know other people have had success so what exactly do I say?

2. Westin thread starter macrumors regular

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

4. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

5. Westin thread starter macrumors regular

I have read it, so dont assume I have it, I have read it many atime. What im saying is that he said he was unable to provision my account. While other people say they have had it done, he says it was conflicting with my data plan... to which i was wondering what i say?

6. prospereagle92 macrumors regular

When you log onto your account on att.com what phone does it list you are using?

7. prospereagle92 macrumors regular

Have him change the phone on your account with the imei from the palm. Tell them you just wanted to update your account. Have them keep your plan exactly the same with all of the iphone plans, then log on to att's website and you can change your messaging plan to the regular plan. All thats left is to update the carrier file and it should work just fine. :)

8. Westin thread starter macrumors regular

Ya thats what sucks... its all set like that.. still dont work. I can recieve mms as a link to viewmymessage.com and i cant send at all

9. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

when i log into my att accnt. i have a family 1400 account, and my number is listed as iphone, so i changed it to a different phone, and i go to manage accnt and under messaging i see i have iphone messaging 200 plan ($5) selected. But i also see a regular messaging 200 plan that's also $5, should i change it to that one?

If so will it cost me anything to do so?

10. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I now have the "Messaging Unlimited" plan, a non-iPhone messaging plan (finally). Problem is, MMS still doesn't work. Kind of frustrating, but I'll see if I have any better luck tomorrow.

11. jaltamirano macrumors regular

question, is MMS an extra cost if i get it activated for my 3gS?

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I don't see what was wrong with what he said