So I cannot authorise more than 5 devices for iTunes???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scaramoosh, Oct 16, 2016.

1. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

iTunes sucks enough, does Apple not want you to buy more than 5 of their products?

I have two iPhones, a Mac, an iMac, iPad and now I have another iMac... why cannot I use them all? Makes no sense....
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    I reauthorised all.... apparently I still have more than 5 authorised... GREATt

APPLE ARE SO ****ING PAINFUL...

Every ****ing day I'm on here complaining about something, at leas when I was on Windows it was easy, everything ****ing worked. I mean pirating it all is easier, why re they making it hard to pay for stuff?

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

It's been this way for a LONG time, where have you been? Any time you authorize a new device, it usually tells you "you have authorized x of 5 allowed devices".

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

.. you rather pirate everything because it is easier. .. Common now, that's not an argument to support the frustration.

I do agree that it is strange the limit is still 5 per Apple ID. But that's for things like iMac and laptops, this does not include your iOS devices. (source)

If you have 3 iPhones and 2 iMacs, then you have 2 systems authorized out of 5, not 5 out of 5.
    in this example you have 5 out of 10 (max) devices associated with that apple-id, and 2 out of 5 (max) systems authorized. Please note the difference. (source)

4. scaramoosh thread starter macrumors 6502

The first time I've ever used iTunes that's why, not going to be using it again, garbage.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

It's not my favorite media database and store, for sure.

6. esf215 macrumors member

Make sure that you deauthorize any computers that you aren't using. I had a problem where it said I have 5 computers when I really only have three. I found out that my old laptop and iMac were still authorized on my account. I have to deauthorized all devices, then sign back into on my new computer.

7. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

What is it about iTunes that makes you think that it's "garbage"? Which use-cases, in your (or anyone's) opinion, should avoid using iTunes; and why?

I'm curious because it works well for me but that might be because of my use-case -- iDevice management and a music library containing items, imported or ripped, from my own collection.

8. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

9. esf215 macrumors member

But only 5 computers/ PC can be authorize to play music etc through iTunes