So I can't upgrade to 4.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 10th Wonder, Nov 22, 2010.

1. 10th Wonder macrumors regular

That's only because i have a PowerPC and I got the update for it but everytime. So I try to update my iphone it keeps saying current version of Itunes (9.2.1). Honestly that's not cool to be teased and can't even update due to I don't have a new mac, so I'm stuck on 4.1 until income tax.... that's awesome:mad:

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

The iTunes webpage says it supports leopard and power PC G4 or later. Shouldn't that work on your mac?

Otherwise, you could update on a friend's PC or perhaps goto one of the apple stores in boston.

3. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

If you have 10.5, I never got the chance to update to leopard be4 they went snow leopard. But this justifies a reason to get a new mac soon:p

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You just need iTunes 10.1. I've got a PowerBook, running Leopard with 10.1 on it, and upgraded to 4.2. It shouldn't be hard to find Leopard for your system, via eBay or Craigslist, unless it is below 876Mhz.

TEG

5. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

To get leopard you'll definitely be paying absurb pricing and I'm not gonna spend that much money, beside my PowerPC is on its last leg. I'm surprised it lasted this long since July 2004 right before they went to Intel chips

6. kuctonkucton201 macrumors member

I'm surprised for that too.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

So... What are you planning to replace it with?

8. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

Im looking at iMac configurations from 21 inch to 27 inch. The 1199 one has everything that 1699 has except lower ATI Card w/ 256 mb vs 512 mb, 500 gb less. But Im confused on one thing does the ATI HD Raedon card have anything to do with HD playback? Or is that strictly for gaming only? I would love to get a MBP but to have Full HD resolution to an iMac you have to get the 17 inch one. I also watch or been wanting to watch my anime in full HD as animation gets more fluid like drawing.