So I DID NOT Pre-order...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hellishness, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I am still not 100% sure if I will end up getting an iPhone 4 (I'm like 99.99% sure), but a while ago I decided that I would not pre-order it. If/when I buy one (or should I say try to) it will probably be early July. What are the chances of me getting one? I really want it before I go on a trip the first week of August. So if I just walk into an Apple Store on, say, July 2nd, and reserve one, what timeframe can I expect to actually GET one?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There's a good chance you will get one July 2nd I think. From what I've been reading everybody and their brother pre-ordered today.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You won't be able to walk into a store and reserve one for a later date. You might be able to login online and purchase one for delivery to your home.

Otherwise you can use the website to check stock of local Apple stores on a daily basis. When you are ready to purchase, check stock. As soon as you see a store w/ stock...go buy it.

Hard to say if it'll be hard for you or not. Things are turning out to be diff this year. Also, every area/store is different.

4. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

Hellishness

So if, I go and try to buy one, and they don't have any, I can't reserve one and give them my iTunes account info and have them email me when it's shipped in like I did for an iPad (I don't actually have one, it was a gift for a friend)?

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Hmm, I'm sure you'll be able to find them in stock. If anything, you can try going to Walmart/AT&T on the day of the release and snagging one of their first-come, first-serve devices.