So i don't know what broke...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bluisnblklungs, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Bluisnblklungs macrumors member

So I was running late to meet some friends and i tossed my iPod Touch 16GB 2G into my jackets pocket then i ran to my car in the process my iPod fell out of my pocket and onto the drive way. I didn't notice it was gone until I got to my friends house, so I just thought that It fell out in the car, nope. So once i got home i saw it laying in the drive and i ran over it with my car. My first thought was that i had to brake the glass but nope the glass is fine its just a little wider and more flat. At first there were some hair line cracks in the that LCD? but it has just got worse it seems the screen is dying. it still works but i can only really see half the screen :(. Is the LCD broke and what can i do to fix it?
    Thanks
    -Eric

ps. if you want more photos just let me know

Attached Files:

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yeah, it looks like the LCD is screwed. Look on iFixit for a guide on how to replace the digitizer, and order said digitizer. You could take it to Apple and pay for them to fix it (as it won't be covered by warranty), but they'll probably recommend just getting a new iPod.

3. hotrock3 macrumors member

If you dont want to do it yourself and dont want to spend the money on having Apple fix it I repair iPods of all kinds and can replace the LCD for $75 + free shipping. If you are interested we can go about setting up an Ebay auction for the service.

--
    Andrew