So I dropped my Macbook Pro...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dilla, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Dilla macrumors newbie

For the second time. Except for some superficial damage, nothing was really harmed the first time my Macbook had a drop. But I just accidentally dropped it again and now it seems like the damage is more serious. The screen that I had on when it dropped got stuck. Even the cursor isn't budging no matter how hard I rubbed the trackpad. Tried switching it off, nothing happened. The screen just won't react to anything I do and I'm freaking out. My last resort is to make a visit to the Mac store. But before I do that, perhaps any of you have had similar experience you want to share?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Sounds like you never actually powered it off (nothing can remain on the screen once power is removed). Hold down the power button for ~15 seconds. If it doesn't have an integrated battery, you can also just remove the battery and unplug the power cord. Then try starting it again. It may have just frozen. A drop can also easily kill a hard drive, though, even with the Sudden Motion Sensor built-in, and also damage other components. I would definitely take it in for service if it continues to have problems.

jW

3. Dilla thread starter macrumors newbie

I pulled the power plug out, drained the battery and let it died. The next time I switched it on again, it was back to normal hoorah! Thank you :D