So I finally am getting a MBP this week

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dj BW, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Dj BW macrumors regular

    Jun 2, 2007
    Orange County
    Im can not wait anymore. If the new MBP's are not released this tuesday, I doubt I'll be able to make it till next week.......and definetley am not waiting for Leopard to arrive. So one question (coming from a noob).... what will it take and how much will it cost to upgrade my MBP to Leopard when it is available? And also where is the best place to get educated and more familiar with all my book's capabilities...besides apple store. I need to brush up on my skills, which were pretty non exsistant already. I have not used a mac for a few yers now..(2002) I got accepted for apple credit and will be paying this baby off for years to come....any advice? pros vs. cons.....

    Thanks in advance.....your help is appreciated ~
  2. hwieniawski macrumors newbie

    Jun 1, 2007
    you'll love it. I got mine a couple months ago after 8 years of windows. for resources, there are lots of websites such as that have tons of hints and helpful articles. For the new operating system, I've heard the price is $129, which admittedly is a pain in the ass! and which model did you get?
  3. Dj BW thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 2, 2007
    Orange County
    Havn't got it yet... just got accepted for the credit and am going to purchase on Tuesday.

    2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    1440 x 900 pixels
    2GB memory
    160GB hard drive1
    6x double-layer SuperDrive
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB SDRAM

    (upgraded RAM and HD)

    anything else I should pick up when I purchase this baby?
  4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Jan 1, 2007
  5. Applenewb macrumors member

    Mar 23, 2007
    I don't understand, if they don't come out tuesday you simply cannot wait 1 more week? I know you have the power to do it :)
  6. Dj BW thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 2, 2007
    Orange County
    you're probably right....although I really dont have the power to wait, just like I dont have the power to save money...hence the apple credit. also I start school tomorrow.
  7. tango554 macrumors member

    May 6, 2007
    What if they come out during WWDC and it takes 2 weeks to start shipping and another week to get to your door. 3 weeks passed release to get it possibly a reason to buy now.
  8. DjHz macrumors newbie

    Jun 2, 2007
    You can do it Dj BW!! You'll really regret it when you see the updated one's for the same price! (Even though i doubt they are doing anything special)
  9. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a


    Jul 8, 2005
    I know it's hard to wait, but honestly, you'll be kicking yourself after. It's happened to so many on this forum already, don't become one of them :). But if you absolutely cannot wait, instead of upgrading the RAM through Apple, buy it third party and install it yourself. You'll save some change :)
  10. Anorak macrumors regular


    May 29, 2007
    Just wait the week. It won't be that bad and you'll be glad you did.
  11. hawaiian macrumors member


    Do you qualify for Apple's education discount? If so, then upgrading to Leopard should be significantly cheaper. Also, do you need the computer for the first week of school? I suppose so if you're in a system that relies heavily upon you having a computer.

Share This Page