So I finally am getting a MBP this week

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dj BW, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Dj BW macrumors regular

Im can not wait anymore. If the new MBP's are not released this tuesday, I doubt I'll be able to make it till next week.......and definetley am not waiting for Leopard to arrive. So one question (coming from a noob).... what will it take and how much will it cost to upgrade my MBP to Leopard when it is available? And also where is the best place to get educated and more familiar with all my book's capabilities...besides apple store. I need to brush up on my skills, which were pretty non exsistant already. I have not used a mac for a few yers now..(2002) I got accepted for apple credit and will be paying this baby off for years to come....any advice? pros vs. cons.....

Thanks in advance.....your help is appreciated ~

2. hwieniawski macrumors newbie

you'll love it. I got mine a couple months ago after 8 years of windows. for resources, there are lots of websites such as www.macworld.com that have tons of hints and helpful articles. For the new operating system, I've heard the price is $129, which admittedly is a pain in the ass! and which model did you get?

3. Dj BW thread starter macrumors regular

Havn't got it yet... just got accepted for the credit and am going to purchase on Tuesday.

2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    1440 x 900 pixels
    2GB memory
    160GB hard drive1
    6x double-layer SuperDrive
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB SDRAM

(upgraded RAM and HD)

anything else I should pick up when I purchase this baby?

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

5. Applenewb macrumors member

I don't understand, if they don't come out tuesday you simply cannot wait 1 more week? I know you have the power to do it :)

6. Dj BW thread starter macrumors regular

you're probably right....although I really dont have the power to wait, just like I dont have the power to save money...hence the apple credit. also I start school tomorrow.

7. tango554 macrumors member

What if they come out during WWDC and it takes 2 weeks to start shipping and another week to get to your door. 3 weeks passed release to get it delivered...is possibly a reason to buy now.

8. DjHz macrumors newbie

You can do it Dj BW!! You'll really regret it when you see the updated one's for the same price! (Even though i doubt they are doing anything special)

9. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

I know it's hard to wait, but honestly, you'll be kicking yourself after. It's happened to so many on this forum already, don't become one of them :). But if you absolutely cannot wait, instead of upgrading the RAM through Apple, buy it third party and install it yourself. You'll save some change :)

10. Anorak macrumors regular

Anorak

Just wait the week. It won't be that bad and you'll be glad you did.

11. hawaiian macrumors member

hawaiian

Do you qualify for Apple's education discount? If so, then upgrading to Leopard should be significantly cheaper. Also, do you need the computer for the first week of school? I suppose so if you're in a system that relies heavily upon you having a computer.