So I got a Blackbook and a Razr.....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by edcoche, May 31, 2008.

1. edcoche macrumors regular

edcoche

I have a Razr V3xx and sadly to say, it has been in the lake a few times. It still works and I have been using it for 9 months since it's last dip. It has worked fine for a long time. Lately though it has been acting up and I was wondering if there was a way to backup my phone contacts through bluetooth with my macbook, I have the latest leopard update installed. When I connect the two devices I dont see an option to perform that task. Please advise. I am not sure how to perform my desired function. I would greatly appreciate any advice. :eek:

Thank You!!

-Eduardo

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

That was very helpful however it did not save all of the contacts in my phone. I do not understand why. Perhaps you could explain why this is the case.

-Ed

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Erm... are your contacts spread between the SIM and the phone memory? Or do they have any kind of grouping associated with them? On the Mac, did you have any contacts already before you synced?

If you don't have contacts on the Mac, then there should be an option in iSync to override all the contacts on the Mac and replace everything with the RAZR's data. That might cause a more complete transfer. Just be careful to do it in that direction and not vice versa (i.e. don't overwrite the RAZR with the Mac!).

5. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

Other than my address book, where can i view these contact additions? I never noticed an option for SIM card or phone memory contact differentiation within iSync. What am I doing wrong, address book is still not including all of my contacts.....

6. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

Many of my SIM card contacts were downloaded in my initial synchronization however several of my recently added contacts were not included on that download session and I have no idea why that was the case. Can anybody explain why this is happening? Why isn't it just downloading the full monty?

7. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

After scouring the internet I still have not found a solution, damn...

What a rarity!!

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Go to your phonebook and look at each contact and edit it; it should say where it's stored; set it to "Phone"; then try again.

9. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

it should be the third option down under edit contacts on your phone, i have the same phone it downloads all the contacts without headache