So I Got a Buzzy Left Speaker and 'Warped"' Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LillieDesigns, Jun 25, 2008.

1. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

I saw a ton of these posts before I received my MBP and they were the first things I checked when I started up my computer. I already spent hours installing things like FCP and moving over mu iTunes library, but now the speaker is starting to bother me.

What does everyone suggest doing? I got the bigger hard drive so they'd have to send away for a custom computer and I feel like it's just the build quality of the 15inch MBP because so many people complain about these issues.

This sucks.:confused:

2. tytanic11 macrumors member

I'd definitely take your MBP into an Apple store and see what they can do for you. For an investment like the MBP, you're well within your rights to demand a perfectly working computer for your money. If the speaker is annoying you already, imagine how much it'll annoy you in a few years - and how it could affect the resale value of your MBP. I'm not sure how Apple customer service works in cases like this, or if policies are consistent in all Apple stores, but maybe you could suggest that they get a MBP with working speakers and a non-warped screen, and swap in your upgraded hard drive. Either way, it can't hurt to take it in and see what your options are.