..So I got a new iPhone and a new Macbook as replacement!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pranavss11, May 28, 2008.

1. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

I was having some issues with WiFi on my iPhone. Drove down to Apple Store. They replaced my phone, drove back home and synced it with my 3 week old MacBook; it wouldn't connect the phone. So I drove back down to Apple store and told them that the iPhone wasn't working. Genius tested it and turns out the USB port on my MacBook wasn't working. Ended up getting the MacBook replaced. So basically got a new MacBook and a new iPhone!

Pretty productive day lol.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats on both new iPhone and new MB; when it rains, it pours! ;)

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Dang! Lucky mofo.

My Macbook is falling apart and I need to take it in soon. I can only hope that the Apple Gods are smiling upon me that day...

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

wait, you got a brand new macbook because the usb wasnt working? :eek:

i had (for my macbook pro):
    keyboard and trackpad fail completely - nothing worked -- the keyboard, trackpad and top case were replaced
    isight stopped working -- to fix this, the entire screen was replaced
    the firewire socket was loose -- the entire logic board had to be replaced
    and again, the firewire socket is loose again

the only thing still from my original mbp is the hard drive/superdrive!

it cost £1100 ($2170) to repair everything

luckily it was all free because it was in the 1st year (and i have applecare)
    how many more problems do i need in order to get it replaced? :p

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It's good to hear both sides of the customer service from Apple. They generally seem very happy to swap out and replace kit if there's reason. Enjoy!

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Apple arent very stingy when it comes to replacing - when theres something wrong on their part they replace it.

enjoy your two new pieces of kit..

7. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I think it is good of them that they replaced your defective items, however I would rather have a phone and macbook that were not defective to begin with. I would also rather not drive back and forth to the Apple store regardless of how close you live to it.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Far from it, there are many many stories from people who have had blatant lemons where Apple refuse to simply replace the unit but rather waste months and months replacing parts only for those parts not to be the problem, or for new problems to be created.

In this case the OP was treated well, and that's great.

9. calvy macrumors 65816

Exactly. I'm starting to suspect Apple purposely replaces a handful of customers machines willy nilly so they'll come out to the forums and rave about the customer support they've received. I've never gotten anything but accusations from my local Genius's. It was running super hot, and I realized one of the fan's wasn't running. They acted like I had dropped it. I ended up buying Pro Care so that I could get my laptop serviced in store and not have to ship it off somewhere. I'd be much happier with Apple's support if they'd just send me the damn parts and let me repair the machine myself.

10. pranavss11 thread starter macrumors 6502

It must vary from store to store too... The genius' in the San Jose location were all really nice.