So I got my computer back from apple repair?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrettFarve04, Jan 23, 2009.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

And i swear it's in the same condition as it was when i sent it off. Apple states that they replaced a kit of parts but things are just as bad as when i sent it off. Not too mention my computer was gone for almost 2 weeks...i can't afford to send it off again and wait another 2 weeks or longer?!?!? what should i do?!

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

3. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

If it was me, call and bitch. I would push for a replacement. But there's probably not going to do that. But just call and complain...

4. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

*Cannot shut down computer. (i have to manually hold down the power button to turn off computer)

*I have to restore my iPhoto/iTunes library almost everyday in order to view/play songs.

*Whenever I plug my magsafe in it flashes "not charging" which i think helps contribute to my horrible battery life.

*Computer randomly just shuts down without any warnings.

*Hard-drive makes loud high pitched noise (failing hard-drive?????)

*Screen is very dull and fuzzy not as sharp and clear as it was.

*Very poor performance very slow.

*Superdrive doesn't read/burn CD's on the first try must try 3-4 times in order to make it work.

5. Nobita macrumors 6502

That's very terrible... How long have you had that? Is this a Macbook, or Macbook Pro? Or something else? Do you use this in a normal way, or do you use this for heavy industry kind of tasks?

6. MrM macrumors 6502

I'm assuming the subject computer is the one in your signature? It sounds like your entire computer is falling apart by how you describe it. I'll make another assumption and guess you have AppleCare. If so, and your problems truly as bad as you make them sound, I'd be sending emails to sjobs@apple.com , any customer service reps you've had contact with, make phone calls, etc.

7. Nobita macrumors 6502

If he's on Apple care, how can it be this bad in the first place?

8. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I suspect the OP wants a unibody to replace it. :)

9. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Who wouldn't, but if it's truly in that condition. Also if they did nothing on the so called replacement. They should replace it with a new one or at the very least the old model.

10. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

I did send an email to sjobs@apple.com

this is what i got in response. [​IMG]

11. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

If there are more than three problems, especially unresolved ones, it should be replaced.

12. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

looks like many of those issues could be related to the HD's failing problems. Is this computer the one in your siggy?

13. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Yes, he said it's the 2.33 GHz MBP.

14. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Hey, I've spoken to Daniel on the phone before. Give him a call and I'm sure the problem will be resolved. Good luck man. I hate dealing with Mac problems.

15. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

16. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

That's what I was thinking, or it's just a POS... But give that number a call, all should be good.

17. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

Apple states the replaced the folowing:

Superdrive
    Logic Board
    Keyboard and trackpad
    Video Display

I can clearly tell they didn't do anything because my CTRL button has always been raised higher then the other keys...if they would of replaced that, it should be flush with the other keys

As far as video display there is now a pretty decent sized dead pixel mark that wasn't there before.

I still can't shut down my computer normally i have to do a manual hold down the power button method.

I've spoken with Daniel a few times about this matter...but he doesn't seem willing to help me any futher. I do have applecare...and I just don't know what else too do to get my computer fixed or replaced. I refuse to sit here and wait week after week after week just to get the same broke ass computer back

18. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Try taking all your correspondence and the MBP to an Apple store and see a genius. They are known for doing the right thing.

19. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular