So I got my iPhone 4s. Can anyone help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbrown, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

:eek:

I'd like to do the following:

Link to my Macbook Pro and copy photos over ( say the last 10 I took for work ). How can I do that? Easy-peasy on my HTC Desire via bluetooth...but to my amazement I see that Apple felt it wasn't needed.:mad: I got the phone partly on the basis of it's superior camera....whats the point if you can't use the ( full ) files? E-mailing them is out as it takes too long....and would prefer not to have to re-sync my entire albums just for a few photos.

Have a free or inexpensive sat-nav application. Again my HTC Desire had it as
    stock.....and it worked a treat.

I really hope I've not made a mistake...as I really want to like this bit of kit.

Can some kind soul help me out here with a few answers?

Thanks all. :):)

2. PhoneI macrumors 65816

turn on photo stream. I take a picture on my iPhone and about 5 seconds later its on my MacBook

3. bryanjc macrumors regular

Open iTunes, select the folder to sync with your phone, insert photos.

Done.

4. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I wanted to avoid doing that....as i wish to choose which photos to send.

Out of interest....does photo stream send the full photo ( i.e. a 3mb photo on your phone turns up as a 3mb photo on your computer )?

cheers for the info.:)

5. PhoneI macrumors 65816

All my pictures go into the Photostream. I then go into iPhoto and pick which photos I want to keep and move them to another folder in iPhoto. I will check on your photo size question

6. alucinari macrumors newbie

To get a few photos off the iPhone just plug it in and open "Image Capture.app".

7. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

So I create a folder on my desktop called 'Synced Photos' - choose it in iTunes and sync with my phone. All my photos in my phone are deleted:mad:

I copy backups from my computer to the folder. Resync via iTunes...and all the photos are back on my phone.:)

I then take 2 photos with my phone camera. Again sync via iTunes. The 2 photos do NOT tune up in my folder:mad:

For the love of God there must be a simpler solution.:roll eyes:

On my HTC I could:

Email them ( again it takes too long this way ).

Send them via bluetooth

Mount the phone via USB cable where it would show up like a hard disk and I could copy them over.

SIMPLES:D

Just to repeat - this is for work:eek::eek: I need to go to locations - photograph them - get back - get my (full ) files onto my computer - and then print them - without fuss or complication.

HOW DO I DO THIS???:cool:

8. PhoneI macrumors 65816

I am pretty sure PhotStream is the full file. However, Im not sure how to check the size of the file on my iPhone. No sync necessary.

9. johnray10 macrumors member

you're making this too complicated. just use photo stream. are you on a mac or pc? if you're on a mac, or have iPhoto, you can just plug your phone in and select which photos to import. you don't have to update all of your photos. you can pick which ones to import. no big deal..

10. red41 macrumors regular

If you want to use a cable all you should have to do is plug in your iphone and open iphoto and it should automatically recognize the iphone and ask if you want to import the photos. It's the same with any camera and has been standard on the iphone since it came out. iphoto should even be able to sort them by location, by day or by who is in the picture if you enable "faces".

11. PhoneI macrumors 65816

You don't need to plug in anything to use PhotoStream. Just turn it on in the iCloud settings panel on your computer

12. johnray10 macrumors member

i know.. i meant if he didn't want to use photo stream. forgot to put that line. basically two alternatives..

13. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I'm holding off from photo-stream until it's settled down..been reading to many negatives to turn on iCloud yet.

Regarding iPhoto...with USB it sees the pictures I just took...so that seems to be one thing fixed.

Now to be able to store documents.....;)