So I got tossed into the pool 4 times last night, somehow my iPhone 4 still worked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cathyy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Decided to turn it off as a safety measure anyway. Unfortunately I had no other place to keep it at so I kept it in my pocket. By this time I was drunk enough to be convinced that my iPhone 4 was invincible and waterproof, so I got myself into situations where I was easily thrown into the pool another 10 times.

Yeah, won't turn on now and it's sitting in a bucket of rice. No idea what I was expecting honestly but a part of me still wishes to believe that the iPhone 4 is the reincarnate of the Nokia 3310 and hopes that it'll survive.

2. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

So it was okay after four dunks but received a total of 14? I think you exceeded all the lives of your cat-like iPhone.

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Definitely need to change the title to "So I got tossed into the pool 14 times last night, somehow my iPhone 4 did not work".

4. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

After the 13th time getting tossed into the pool you would think that you would have just stayed there! :cool:

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Who the hell cares about the phone, if you're that drunk just be glad you didn't pass out/drown.

Be careful dude!

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Drunk off your a$$ and playing recklessly in a pool. Sounds smart.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

8. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Somebody should post a poll on how many days until this iPhone stops working. Water & Electronics are not friends. Electronics may survive the dunking(s) but the water that got in will likely show it's damage soon. It's kind of like catching a cold. You have it but don't know it for up to several days before you start to notice and feel it. This OP should take defensive measures right now or will probably be buying a new iPhone soon.

9. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

It's one thing to have a drink (or a few) have fun and let go, it's another to be completely out of it that you lose your ability to reason. Like someone said, be glad you didn't drown.

That's why China will take over the world, people, because we are busy getting wasted and get tossed in pools.

10. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

There is no way to see this phone working again :D

11. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine