So i gotta funny question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfreak623, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

My buddys phone crapped out so he asked me to set him up a genuis appointment up online to get his iphone fixed.......Has anyone ever put a funny name on the reservation so that it shows up on the screen at the store? I entered his name as "King Joshua" hoping he is absolutely embarassed once he gets to the store in about an hour. Anybody ever done something like that? hehe :-D

2. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Or spermdumpster...

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Or "Lord Piddleton"

At any rate, no, I have never thought of this. But I wish I had. You should have followed him and watched from behind the Macbook table.

5. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i think whats funnier is that he has an appointment an hour later in the day, my nearest apple store didnt have an appt for 4 days after the day i went to sign up

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Hugh Jaifone.

(I'm 40, but the name Holden McCrotch makes me giggle like a school boy.)

7. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Or use the name Mike Hunt.

On a serious note, I knew I guy whos name was Dick Holder. If my last name were Holder I would go by Rich or Richard not Dick.

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

That's awesome. I'm really going to have to remember this one! :D

9. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

10. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

The appl store near me has all their computers broadcasting, as I found out while trying to use back to my mac for the first time.

I tried to connect to one as a joke and put in apple and apple for the username and password. It worked. I was playing around with the computer and the screen for iPod and genius bar appointments.

I didn't do much, but now that I know the password I may use it to get a quicker appt. If I needed one.

11. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Dick Holder... :D

12. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

A few years ago I worked for a company doing IT support - I knew from the address book there was a guy working there named Michael Hunt, one day he called into the desk and I answered - even though he referred to himself as "Michael Hunt" I couldn't resist laughing.. I had to keep hitting the mute button - I had such a case of the giggles..

The same company had a guy named Harry Bush. What were these parents thinking???

13. FJR macrumors regular

At my high school, we had a foreign kid come in whose name was Phouc, but he pronounced it fawk. The teachers kept insisting on calling him "foo". He'd get really angry and say no, its "fawk". Eventually he started going by dennis.

14. ivan123 macrumors member

ivan123

Whakatane,(pronounced: f*ck-a-tarn-ee)
    Bay Of Plenty,
    New Zealand.

15. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

There is a real guy named Harry Saks in my home town.. and went to school with a Dick Colon - he prefered to be called Dick, not rich..

how about
    Amanda Huginkiss

16. Blackforge macrumors 6502

There's an asian woman at my work with the name... Anita Wang

17. awesomator macrumors regular

theres a kid in my school named jack kenoff.

Sware to god.

18. Joe23 macrumors 6502

That is brilliant! :D

19. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

hahahaha awesome :D

20. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

I was thinking about it today also... my girlfriend, Jenn, her iPod touch is acting up... i was gonna sign up her genius appointment as:

Jenny Talls

21. iSaga macrumors regular

The funniest name I have ever come across in my life was a classic, I still get a chuckle out of this whenever I think about it, which of course I just did. Anyway the printer salesman I used to use came into my studio with a guy he was training, he introduces me to a guy named Dick Eadd, pronounced like ED. It took everything I had not to burst out laughing right in his face. I waited for him to leave and couldn't stop laughing the rest of the day. Could you imagine going through life with the name Dick Eadd, his poor childhood.

As to the point of this thread, great idea but poor execution. You couldn't come up with anything better then King Joshua?

22. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Use John Mayer and Steve will work the bar himself.

23. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6