so I guess I'm forced into buying adaptor with my New Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kingofwale, Mar 11, 2015.

1. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

I have Time Machine backed up on my external WD drive. so the only option is buy the adaptor or a wireless external drive in order to do this.

can't believe Apple didn't even throw in a USB-C to USB-A adaptor for free with a 1300 dollars laptop. just greedy

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

If they made it a $1500 laptop with 2 adaptors, there would be 20000 posts complaining about how greedy apple is for making them buy adaptors they don't want\need.

Choice is always better, and at $1299 it's priced alongside it's competition

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

at the very least, you can get a $19 usb to usb-c adapter... not complicated.

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Buying it is only half the deal - you have to ensure that you don't lose that tangle of dongles!

5. powersteer, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

powersteer macrumors member

USB-C will be a widely accepted standard very quickly. Just hangin there little, i'm sure USB-C cables and docks will be available soon

It will not follow the way of firewire and thunderbolt, this is USB, a very widely accepted open standard with huge installed base. 3rd party interoperatability will be almost 100%

6. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Do you have a keyboard shortcut for "tangle of dongles" ?

7. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

let's say you go for the $19 usb to usb-c adapter. why would you lose it? unless, of course, you're always losing cables, ie the AC cable, your current usb cables, your iphone cable...

really. even if you go for the $79 adapter...that's (up to) 3 cables plugged into the adapter...as opposed to 3 cables plugged into 3 ports on your mac.

simple! 3 cables, either way.

all this panic about the one port, and usb-c, is...sad. we'll adapt, life will go on...

8. Rachel Faith macrumors regular

Rachel Faith

Apple isn't greedy. They are control freaks. YOU WILL GO WIFI or else. THAT is what this is about.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

It's greed IMO.

10. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

control freaks? greed? it's the future... (and once again, there ARE cable options...)

11. kingofwale thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

just saw the review for Asus Zenbook UX305. which has similar set up as the new Macbook.

extremely horrible performances and gets pretty hot.

I am going to wait for a few reviews before forking over the cash. :(

12. SusanK macrumors 68000

No worries. I'm not the target market.