Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I have Time Machine backed up on my external WD drive. so the only option is buy the adaptor or a wireless external drive in order to do this.

can't believe Apple didn't even throw in a USB-C to USB-A adaptor for free with a 1300 dollars laptop. just greedy

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I have Time Machine backed up on my external WD drive. so the only option is buy the adaptor or a wireless external drive in order to do this.

can't believe Apple didn't even throw in a USB-C to USB-A adaptor for free with a 1300 dollars laptop. just greedy

If they made it a $1500 laptop with 2 adaptors, there would be 20000 posts complaining about how greedy apple is for making them buy adaptors they don't want\need.

Choice is always better, and at $1299 it's priced alongside it's competition

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Buying it is only half the deal - you have to ensure that you don't lose that tangle of dongles!

powersteer

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2015

USB-C will be a widely accepted standard very quickly. Just hangin there little, i'm sure USB-C cables and docks will be available soon

It will not follow the way of firewire and thunderbolt, this is USB, a very widely accepted open standard with huge installed base. 3rd party interoperatability will be almost 100%

Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Buying it is only half the deal - you have to ensure that you don't lose that tangle of dongles!

let's say you go for the $19 usb to usb-c adapter. why would you lose it? unless, of course, you're always losing cables, ie the AC cable, your current usb cables, your iphone cable...

really. even if you go for the $79 adapter...that's (up to) 3 cables plugged into the adapter...as opposed to 3 cables plugged into 3 ports on your mac.

simple! 3 cables, either way.

all this panic about the one port, and usb-c, is...sad. we'll adapt, life will go on...

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
just saw the review for Asus Zenbook UX305. which has similar set up as the new Macbook.

extremely horrible performances and gets pretty hot.

I am going to wait for a few reviews before forking over the cash. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.