So, I guess it's true iCloud is backed by AWS

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Mascots, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Been attempting to match my library for awhile and have been getting this constantly:

[​IMG]

Anyone else been thrown this?

Also, Match seems to be stuck at 3/4 of the complete with first step (after yesterday it got to Step 3 before my computer died, oops). Anyone else having problems with this part of the matching or am I gonna have to hit the dev forum for this?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's been a common issue since the opening of iCloud to the devs. I'm sure they know about it by now.

3. KsbjA macrumors newbie

Well, Apple seems to use (buy/rent) Amazon's server space, they aren't necessarily backed by AWS. For your problem, I think the certificate will be fixed/renewed before iCloud goes live. Hopefully.

4. heyadrian macrumors member

Apple Use Amazon?

I bumped into something interesting after buying Little Snitch 3, it appears that Apple use amazon AWS for it's iCloud services....

Can someone confirm this?

The reason why I being thos up is that immediately after the restart I get the following:

[​IMG]

Is that right? or am I missing something|?

5. heyadrian macrumors member

It's just the first time I actually noticed it.. Usually when Apple Apps fire up I just allow... It's only because I just reinstalled that I scrutinised it.

Kudos to Amazon! I might have to look into their AWS myself as I've looked around and the reviews are looking good.

6. flyingspur macrumors regular

flyingspur

I use AWS Glacier for mass photo storage, good stuff. Along with Arq, hard to beat.

7. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

I can't say yes or no, but I would figure that apple's user base is growing faster they even apple expected. Data centers are not built overnight and Apply would be smart to use a service like AWS for fail-over capacity while it continues to build up its own data center.

It is also possible Apple uses AWS for a backup to its datacenter. Apple is the primary, AWS the backup.

8. alent1234 macrumors 603