iPhone So I guess the theme "Aura" is a ripoff?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by forza69, Jan 30, 2014.

1. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

According to an article posted on iDownloadBlog, in the comments they're saying that Aura is a ripoff of iMiui. If this is true, is there a way to get our money back? I don't know about you guys, but supporting someone that didn't make the theme doesn't sit quite well with me.

2. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Stop believing everything you read. MIUI is an Android layer, and was inspired by iOS and other icon design styles. Yes, Aura takes inspiration from MIUI, but it isn't MIUI. Tweetbot has a rad Aura icon, and obviously no MIUI counterpart since it's not even available on Android. Many of the icon designs are original.

3. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Have to agree with the sentiment above. Most things are a "ripoff" (inspired by?) of something or other - depends how you look at it. MIUI seemed heavily inspired by iOS etc and there are things in iOS are inspired by/ripped off other work.

If you can't beat them, join them.

4. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

In my opinion Aura is the most beautiful theme out at the moment. I am so happy I purchased it. I don't think it's a rip off of anything.

5. dmick89 macrumors member

It's abundantly clear it has stolen at least a few icons. I don't see how that can be denied and it calls into question the integrity of the developers. I like the theme, but wouldn't purchase it knowing they stole some of the icons from another theme. Likely they have stolen many others from different themes too. Too bad I already bought it.