So, I had an idea about my screen problem ad favorite Mac..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Krafty, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Well, I use a 13.3" MacBook. I'm in college right now for graphic art and I generally mulit-task and do large graphics. One of my pet-peeve's about my MacBook is the screen size being so small, compared to when I use all my friends 15-17" MacBook Pros and I'm just like "****ing sakes, I need one of these..."

Well, I was looking around and I found something:
    http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Pre-Owned-internal-SuperDrive-installed/dp/B000PEMOQE

I have always wanted an iMac G4 to this day, and with a 20" screen, I say it looks good to me.
    • I choose this one cause its a desktop with a large disk space, therefore I can get rid of my videos cramming my MacBook's HD (thanks to Neweggs defective 250GB HD) and watch them on there, with an even BIGGER screen.
    • I can multi-task such as browse on my MacBook, while working in Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint, etc... on the iMac. I wont have to resize my work and have to work in small sections and I could do it all in one.
    • My dad said he wasnt in the position to afford another MacBook (said it around Dec 07, so I thought since its not as expensive, and its not a laptop so he wont think im just going to take it to screw around, maybe he would consider it since this would help out A LOT.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Poor investment of $700 if you ask me. Spend half of that on a 20/22" or 23/24" monitor. That G4 will run so sloooow.

3. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Hm, really? Cause my dads eMac is a 1.25GHz and runs like crap but I thought it was cause of its 256MB RAM, where did you find one for half price?

4. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

4th time I get one reply and nothing else, people have something against answering any of my questions?

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

There are a number of monitors in the 20-22" range available for $350 or less. You'd likely be better off with your MacBook connected to an external monitor than an old G4 iMac.