So I have an Apple Lisa II...

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by mach, May 15, 2008.

1. mach macrumors member

Hey guys, I was going through my things I found an old Apple Lisa II, which I'd assume is from 84 or 85, before it was discontinued.

It seems to work just as if it were new, save for the mouse being sticky at some points. It needs some dusting off and some cleaning, but overall it still looks pretty good, save for a large scuff on the front grill above the floppy drive.

I still have all of the boot disks, and a couple of application disks, such as MacPaint, MacWrite, and QuickLinks. I also have a Dot Matrix Printer that it can print to, with the cable to connect to the Lisa. I haven't tested the printer yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you guys think it's worth anything? I have little use for it, and am not much of a collector. Any advice from the pros here on the forum? Thanks so much for any help. :eek:

2. msheldrick macrumors regular

it is definitely a collectors item as they are hard to come across!

3. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

That Lisa has been converted to a Mac XL.

Still, pretty nice, I have one but it has a cracked CRT and stuffed PSU.

4. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Someone paid several hundred dollars for a Lisa on eBay last year, but I can't remember if it was a Lisa 1 or 2.

Your model is a Lisa 2 running Mac Works as a Macintosh XL. The floppy on yours is the later 3 1/2 drive, which is good from a functional point of view. The ones with the 5 1/4 Twiggy drives are fluky but museum pieces none the less.
    You don't have the optional HD, or at least it's not showing up.

http://vintagemicros.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30?osCsid=a986acd534b6982a4886ecc79adec9e6

5. mach thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help, guys. I didn't know about it being converted into a Macintosh XL, I'll look more into that.

I'm still trying to figure out what it would be worth, so this info helps a lot. If anyone has any advice for cleaning it, selling it, please let me know.

Thanks again!