so.. i have tiger..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kymac, Aug 21, 2009.

1. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

what are some of the reasons why i should update to snow leopard? i'm on the fence about doing it.. convince me why it would be worth the money. go!

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

firstly; is your computer capable of the upgrade?

what do you do? will you really need it? can you justify the $~200 price tag?

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

It's $29. :)

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

how wrong you are.

its $29 for current leopard users ONLY!!

the OP has tiger, Tiger =/ Leopard.

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

6. acxz macrumors regular

Well if you need convincing you probably don't need Snow Leopard, so save your money. I'll be getting it as soon as it's on the store though.

7. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

yea i have a santa rosa mbp.. i'm a student majoring in graphic design, and have a design job. I'm thinking that I've survived this long without leopard, so why not push it till this computers death.

however, my mbp has been beachballing like crazy lately. will a newer os help this in anyway?

8. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I suspect you would see a performance gain from upgrading to SL, I would get the $169 box set, it's a good saving and it's a nice little bundle. However, as it's a work machine, I would suggest waiting till 10.6.1 when any of the minor bugs left over are fixed.

9. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

The thread title has been changed since I read it before. The thread title never mentioned Tiger the last time I was here. Was something about having a Macbook and whether it would be beneficial.

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

there are tons of visual tweaks and little cool GUI updates that are sweet to much around with. you wont really benefit much from that i guess.

the beachballing doesnt always mean that it needs a reinstall, though it may help. it could be things like needing extra RAM, or whatnot.

nice suggestion. :)

11. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

ah i see. sorry for the abruptness im not in a good mood.

12. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

this is also not true. the title has not been altered since i originally posted it.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think at minimal you should make the move to leopard. You'll fins some performance enhancements that are quite nice. For me, I loved Tiger but Leopard seems to be slightly more efficient.

14. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

hmm.. if i move to leopard, would it make sense to just jump to snow leopard?

15. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

My apologies, I was reading this thread at the same time and thought I was posting in the other. My mistake. :)