So I jailbroke my iPad...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Monique1, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Monique1 macrumors regular

Meh.

Did this once before on iOS6. I would've thought the jail break community mght've shown a bit more innovation since then. Perhaps they see no point because Apple steals most of their good ideas and just bakes them into the OS as their own.

Nonetheless, still glad to have neutered all of iOS's nauseating animations.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

What Cydia tweaks are you using to accomplish this?

3. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

He's right though, since iOS 7 I stopped jailbreaking

4. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

If people would be hacking my OS to create tweaks they would like to see integrated by default, I'd "steal" them too.

5. Monique1 thread starter macrumors regular

NoSlowAnimations

It gets rid of Apple's silly-assed window delays designed for the macheads to oggle over. Now these things just happen instantaneously like they should.

6. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Yeah the animations is the one reason I want to jailbreak, it also makes the iPad appear slower out of the box those animations don't understand how apple justifies that

7. Monique1 thread starter macrumors regular

Considering what it is, the iPad is definately no slouch in the "snappiness" department once it's freed from all that crap.

My problem has always been the the pitiful memory in these things though. Nothing worse than switching yours apps in the blink of an eye only to wait for them to refresh.