So I just bought a MBA... It doesn't SWITCH ON! Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by oulala, Jun 24, 2008.

1. oulala macrumors newbie

After reading through pages and pages of information, hesitating and pondering whether I'm ready to say goodbye to PC, I've finally bought a Mac Book Air.

I'm at home. The thing won't start. I pressed the power button, a white thin rectangular light flicks on in the front, but the screen doesn't lit up. Nada. Zilch. I checked the apple behind the screen, not litting up either.

I opened my guide, tried the 'Press those keys together' business. Nothing.

Should I just go back to the store? What's wrong with my laptop?

OULALA

2. golemite macrumors newbie

3. DaveOZ macrumors regular

Is it charged? if the battery is dead flat (most new ones are not) then it will not start until is has charged for a few min.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. saisrujan macrumors member

That's exactly what happened to me when I tried to start up my MBA. And this was my first mac. I was hoping for a drammatic boot-up, but the small light just blinked on me. Then it dawned on me that I needed to power this puppy up!

6. mr.light macrumors 6502

Agreed. Plug it in. Return it if it does not work after that.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

knowledge is power, power runs your fridge (or in this case, you MBA).

8. saisrujan macrumors member

Naah... knowledge is harder to find than crude oil. Can't find enough of it to bring down gas prices!

9. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

true, but knowledge is cheaper at the moment. i wish we could run stuff of knowledge, or even consciousness.

10. oulala thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course I had the power cord on... It didnd't help. I went to the store the following morning: That MBA was a stillborn! Dead. They gave me a new one that works. Don't they try their machines before packing them? I was slightly disappointed

11. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Looks like you've been damn unlucky. Still, I'd be fairly devastated on getting the new Appley goodness home.... and not having a happy ending

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They sell millions of these things - no way could they test every single one before it hits the shelves. They take samples.