So I just bought a new iPhone (jailbreak ? Inside)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by I Am Steve Jobs, Dec 26, 2010.

1. I Am Steve Jobs macrumors member

So. It came with 4.2.1 already on it. Is it possible to ever get this jailbroken in the future?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can JB it now but you will be stuck with a tethered JB.
    Or wait a little longer for the untethered jailbreak to come out.

3. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

I would wait

While its rare, it's usually stressful situations, that are further compounded by having a phone that can't be reset, that will make you regret having something like a tethered JB phone

4. I Am Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors member

Then whats with all this baseband talk and about how some users of the newer batches of iPhone 4's won't be able to jailbreak?

How do I backup my 'blobs' or whatever so I do not have to worry?

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I just jail-broke mine with 4.2.1 and while it didn't go as smooth as planned (white Cydia icon, reboot tethered, update Cycia - Cycia crashes on launch - reboot tethered, install Winterboard, won't launch, reboot tethered, finally working as advertised).

..but I'm not sure it's even worth the trouble anymore. I mainly wanted the iBlank application (for which you need the 'no shadows - iBlank theme, which didn't work, to remove shadows only from the iBlank icons)

On top of that, it's tethered, so I can't turn it off. I may just lump it and restore. Definitely not the draw (for me) there used to be to Jailbreak.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

1. You have an iPhone 4, the baseband upgrade does not apply to you. Ignore it.
    2. You can jailbreak 4.2.1, it's tethered. Go to helpmejailbreak.com for more information.
    3. To back up your blobs, download this
    For Mac,
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/TinyUmbrella-v4.21.02.pkg
    For Windows,
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/tinyumbrella-4.21.02.exe

Plug in your iPhone and then click Save SHSH.