So I just bought an iPod Touch.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by G5Unit, Sep 5, 2007.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

16gb. With 50 dollars off.

I sold my blackberry curve to my dad for $158.

And I am buying a Sony Ericsson W580i.

I will use the walkman phone for school, and the ipod for home music listening, web browsing, and everywhere else BESIDES school. Since I don't want my iPod getting stolen(high school).

Anyone think I should get the 8gb iPhone instead? Or stick with the iPod touch 16gb + sony phone.

I have about 30gb of music but only listen about 1000 of those songs.

2. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

If you will only put about 1000 songs on it, I would go with the iPhone, that way you don't have two clunky things on you.

3. pscoble macrumors 6502

I would go with the 8 GB iPhone. If you are in the market for a phone you may as well go with the iPhone rather then carry two devices. The touch just seems..... incomplete correct me if I'm wrong but I think it should have used a hdd so you wouldn't be in this position as much. It's just to close to the iPhone without being an actual iPhone.

4. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

It's just I need something(not to expensive, risk of theft) to carry around to the beach and school. The sony can still play music. Then I would have the iPod for home and vacation and people's house.

Is my thinking logical?

I just bought the iPod, I could always cancel.

And again, I am putting quite a few video's on this thing.

5. pscoble macrumors 6502

Well aparently after today the iPhone is worthless :rolleyes: but in all seriousness I think you will find the iPhone is a lot better. However if theft is a huge issue at your school I might just go with the Touch however its still pretty hard to get it beaten out of you. Keep it in your pocket, lockers, and don't use it in the open to much. (you know thats what I do :) ). However I believe your thinking is logical and makes sense I'm just giving you one opinion.

6. BennyK macrumors 6502

7. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

congrats on your purchase!

I ordered the 8GB version because I have no need to carry my entire library with me.

8. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I would wait 2 weeks until they come out with the 16gb iPhone.

That's what i am expecting pretty soon.

9. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I have a coupon from the iPod Class Action Suit.

Also, I'm still thinking I made a good choice, since I go to the beach a lot, and leave my phone in my backpack.

10. kellygeorge macrumors member

same prob

i am in the same dilemma. for me tho, i am in a tmobile contract, so the phone would only function as a touch with a camera until i decided to change or unlock. i just cant decide if the hassle of worrying about updates resetting my phone would be worth it.

11. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I'm having the same thoughts. I like the iPhone but I would never leave T-mobile for AT&T. I have used all of the carriers at one time or another and as long as you live where they have good coverage, T-mobile is the best, as far as customer service, priceing, and phone selection is concerned IMO.

Too bad, Apple didn't make the iPhone unlocked, it would be a no brainer. Personally, I think I'm going to just get the iPod Touch and keep my Nokia flip with T-mobile and get an iPhone when Apple speads out to other carriers. There still isn't a readily accessible way to get iPhone unlock software for free and when there is, Apple will undoubtedly break it with every software update.