So I just called a Best Buy....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CandyCane23049, Oct 19, 2011.

1. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

I'm looking for a white 16GB 4S (AT&T) and they said that they are still fulfilling pre-orders and that I will have to come in and pre-order for a phone, is that the case at other Best Buy's still.

Online it is saying that they have some in stock right now for that particular store, so I thought pre-order was over. They are making it sound like they are doing what Apple is doing but I guess I just wanted to check if someone else has encounter this.:confused:

2. Greg M macrumors 6502

I got 3 black and 1 white 4s 16gb at the local Best Buy mobile store last evening. Check their site and call around. You might get lucky.

Mine were for AT&T which allowed me to return my Sprint iPhones today.

3. CandyCane23049 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thank you.

4. Qzuelic macrumors newbie

I was doing the same thing - calling around a few stores to see stock. I do have one Best Buy that has the phone listed as "in store only" on the site. I called and they did have it in stock - however, I am looking at the 64 GB model. Every other model and color is out of stock. I am surprised it is showing in stock - typically this is only done when there are 2 or 3 of an item. Could be it got listed by accident and should be going to pre-orders. All of the other stores I called told me the same thing - they are only fulfilling pre-orders first before they carry any in-store.

5. reice23 macrumors newbie

I put mine on reserve for Sprint on the 7th but i already had the iphone 4 on AT&T i just wanted to switch carriers. I thought id save some $$ buy switching to sprint but after further review that wasnt the case. Anyways when i put the reserve on the 7th i was the 5th person to reserve in the WHOLE store and come the 14 they said mine wasnt available yet that they'd give me a call as soon as it came in. Come Sunday the 16th i was pissed that i still didnt get my phone, i got bored shopping with my girlfriend and out of curiosity i was gonna call around to some Bestbuys to see what was up. I got 3 Bestbuys with a 15 mile radius and 2 within 5 miles so out of the 3, 2 of them had the 32gb White on AT&T in stock one of the stores only had 1 and the other all they said was they have PLENTY. But anyways i just stayed with AT&T and walked out with my new White 32g 4s :). If u got a few Bestbuy near you just call and ask if they got any in stock im sure you'll find a store that does.

6. CandyCane23049 thread starter macrumors regular

I called the one that said in stock online but when I called that's what I was told about fulfilling pre-orders first. But I'm going to just keep trying until I succeed.

7. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

If you're looking for a 64GB Best buy is not a good option in my experience. I found every AT&T store I called had the 64GB and were out of just about everything else.

I ordered mine from Apple.com on Thursday (1-2 weeks to ship) and found I could get a 64GB in all the AT&T stores on Saturday so I tried to cancel my order with Apple. They said I couldn't because my order was prepared for shipment. It arrived on Tuesday.

Even though it said 2-3 weeks before delivery originally - it went from the internet tube to my door in five days. I don't know if that's typical at this point but just saying...

8. CandyCane23049 thread starter macrumors regular

I really want a 16GB white 4S and I also called a At&T and all I was told that it was sold out nationwide. :rolleyes: