so i just got my 80gb classic........

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mac17, Sep 9, 2007.

1. mac17 macrumors regular

so i just got my ipod 80gb classic and i transfered all my songs to it now when i try to transfer more songs it says ipod disk can not be read or written to. Also when i try to turn on my ipod i hear really loud noises and it just wont turn on....anyone know what this could be?:confused::mad:

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It probably means the hard drive died and it's time to take it back for an exchange. Don't worry, it happens. One of the inherent risks of hard drives.

I once had a brand-new hard drive that I had backed up all my information to crash and burn just after I'd wiped my main drive clean. Good times.

3. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

ok now it turns on but this is what i see.....

Attached Files:

4. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Sorry to hear about your luck. They should exchange it for you no problem.

That menu looks funky... Judging by the menu, you might try clicking "Restore" on the main iPod screen in iTunes and see what happens.. but if it does work, I wouldn't want to risk something happening in the future.

5. TimJim macrumors 6502a

this happened to me with a 5g ipod and they exchanged it intsantly. but it still sucks.

6. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

well the nearest apple store is the 5th ave one, which is 40 mins away by subway do i have to go to the store or can apple ship me a new one?
    edit: i just got off the phone with the store and they tell me the only way is to come all the way back to the store and return it, thats total bs! why cant i just send it to apple i dont mind waiting a few days.

7. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

now it turns and is working perfect idk what the hell is going on with this thing.

8. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

Dude...you have the pic to prove that it's jacked up. If you take it in, they turn it on and runs fine, show them this pic.

I would go ahead, sacrifice the 2.5 hours there and back and get yourself a new one...one that will work. That way you have confidence your item will work properly for you :)

Good, luck.