so I just jailbroken my ipad.... now what?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Dreamer2go, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

Well.... I was curious to see what happened to jailbreakme.com, so I went there today, and I was curious to press that "free" button.

Low and behold... I jailbroken my ipad... I didn't really intend to do it, coz I was looking for a prompted msg to reconfirm my actions...

but whatever, my curiosity lead to my ipad being jailbroken.... now what?

do I download the same stuff i had, like my iPhone??

ALSO, I'm most concern about the battery life..... any harm done to it? I love the 10 hour battery life I had!!!!!

2. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

No harm to your battery life unless you go crazy and add tons of useless packages.

One thing I can recommend is an called RetinaPad, which you can find in cydia. It enables iPhone apps on your iPad to use its iPhone 4 retina graphics when you press the x2 button, so makes the apps look much much nicer.

3. anthdci macrumors 6502a

Do a search for recommended ipad cydia apps. There are numerous that once youve installed you wont be able to do without. My favourites are SBsettingsand retinapad.

4. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

If you have a bluetooth mouse lying around I would definately recommend "btstack mouse." This enables mouse usage with an on screen cursor, which works quite well in certain apps like Splashtop and Pages. Its a free app off Cydia, and will also install a utility called Activator. Activator is configured from your settings app and allows you to change button functions and apply various swipe functions. For example you can set it so that a double tap on your status bar (up top) will open a specific application.

The first Cydia app I installed (free) was "NoLockScreen." Very convenient. No way I would tolerate having to slide to unlock my computer everytime the screen goes to sleep.

5. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Few suggestions:

Fake clock up
    Retina pad
    Gestures .plist edit
    Sbsettings
    iFile
    Safari download extension
    PDF Patcher 2
    Your tube HD

6. Dreamer2go thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh thanks guys........
    actually I didn't even back up when I jailbreak it...

I guess if I were to revert back to normal, I would just install the new firmware? But for now, I'll just enjoy this........

I was wondering if backgrounder works for ipad? I dunno, but I fear this is the battery drainer for my iphone..... what do you guys think?