Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
...is one of Apple's servers out? Anyone else having problems? My library just lost 400 songs.

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
For some reason the iCloud Music Library was unchecked in preferences. I checked it and it's all back to normal.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
For some reason the iCloud Music Library was unchecked in preferences. I checked it and it's all back to normal.
Well that is definitely bizarre, same here. iCloud Music is syncing as I type.

EDIT: now it's saying i'm not connected to the internet, when I clearly am...

EDIT x2: I reset PRAM and that fixed the problem. This whole experience has been weird. I didn't change any settings or reboot, or install any new software. Oh well...? haha.

EDIT x3: it's doing it again. I give up.

Last edited:

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
Well that is definitely bizarre, same here. iCloud Music is syncing as I type.

EDIT: now it's saying i'm not connected to the internet, when I clearly am...

EDIT x2: I reset PRAM and that fixed the problem. This whole experience has been weird. I didn't change any settings or reboot, or install any new software. Oh well...? haha.

EDIT x3: it's doing it again. I give up.

That sucks. For me it happened after a restart. I had a popup in iTunes that I wasn't signed in so I did. Then there was none of my Apple Music in my library. Didn't try again until this morning when I check preferences and noticed the unchecked setting.

Hasn't reverted back yet for me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.