So I just sold my white bumper on Ebay for

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by disturbed1, Aug 28, 2010.

1. disturbed1 macrumors newbie

$152.00! The person paid up last night, but i see some buy it now auctions with prices for 80 dollars, not quite sure why the person paid 150. I'm not complaining though!

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

They are going for crazy prices, considered selling mine but a its got a dint in it now from where i dropped my iPhone on the corner haha. Oh well rather the bumper than the phone.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

just another sign that A: people are really stupid or B: have to much money! that's crazy love to find a couple bumpers.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Congrats, I guess. LOL

I only searched craigslist, up here the highest I saw them listed for is $50 sealed.

When I posted my Black Bumper for sale, I'm thinking who/why would you buy it when Apple is giving them out for free.

I did open/try it out and sold it for $20.

5. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I bought an extra black bumper on launch day just for the purpose of selling it on eBay, & got a pretty penny for it. :) I'm tempted to sell one of my colored bumpers, but I'm not sure. I like having the varitation in colors/options.

People will buy anything.

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Well played op! Some people have more money than sense!

You could have bought a vapour case and had enough money for an iPod nano lol!

7. solius macrumors regular

:eek: that is crazy! Why would you pay that much for a case? Its a nice case but again its just a case? Well congrats anyways. Was it brand new? Just asking because mine is still brand new :p

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Amazing!

I think they were way overpriced at $29. :D

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Nice! I may sell my unopened free bumper after reading this. I took off my original bumper a few days ago and really like my phone without a bumper at all.

10. jcole31 macrumors regular

I managed to snag an unopened pink bumper on ebay for $35 a couple weeks ago. I still can not believe what some people are willing to pay for them. I'll just hold out on the other colors until apple inevitably starts selling them again.

11. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Amazing, some people are a bit mad, I'd rather get a free black one and spray paint it white.

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Oh yeah I'm amazed by people sometimes. If it's hard to get, then you're lucky :D

13. Salacion macrumors 6502a

Gee, you should've bought like 50 of em things and turned them around for profit.

14. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

damn, as much as ive been wanting the white. id never pay more than retail. good for you, ill just wait until they're sold to the public again.

15. iFidget macrumors newbie

I was checking out prices of bumpers on eBay last night! :eek: what a premium. Most of the ones I could see were going for over $60. I wonder when apple will start selling again. I reckon a couple of impatient people would get a nasty shock if they put them back on the market at the end of September when the case program is set to end.

16. Es Paul macrumors member

17. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

What's even more ridiculous then the price is the $10 for shipping. :eek: :confused:

18. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

19. solius macrumors regular

Yeah 10 dollars for shipping? Better be shipping in a large priority mail box for extra protection and speed. I've seen some sellers charging close to 90 dollars for the cases and another 15 dollars for shipping :mad:. I've reported everyone of them for excessive shipping. These people are already making crazy profits of all of these people trying to get a color bumper case yet they get even more greedy and charge that much for shipping makes me sick.

20. RichBrewski macrumors member

Are you serious? You reported them for charging too much for shipping? No one is making them buy the product, and everyone (Even the ebay "Lowest price" filter) takes shipping into account.

^ Now I've lost faith in humanity.