iPad mini So, I Just Won an iPad Mini 4...

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
...and I'm still at a loss for words because I've never really won something of value like this before. If anyone has been on Twitter the last few days, T-Mobile CEO John Legere has been running a #WirelessRights promotion against the other carriers in one of his usual social media moves and is awarding prizes to a few lucky folks who shared his video. Well, I suppose I was a lucky one. An iPad mini 4 64GB Wifi+Cellular is on its way soon! I'm so excited about this, as I was talking with a friend that very morning about upgrading my mini 2 and giving it to my mother. Looks like that's taken care of! Nice little early graduation present on the behalf of T-Mobile.

Last edited:

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
I don’t know how anyone within a large Metro area uses any of the other legacy carriers.

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Congratulations! I've won two iPads...would probably never have purchased one otherwise. I sold the first gen, only 2 weeks after getting it. But the second gen was so much better I got hooked.

Hope you love yours as much as I have loved all of mine!

Reactions: Chocolatemilty

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
Everyone is being too upbeat about this, where's that MacRumors flavor? I will fix this.

"Why couldn't it have been the iPad Pro? Way to cheap out, T-immobile."

Okay, there we go.

(congrats!)

Reactions: Chocolatemilty

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
If I was you I would sell it and buy an iPad Air 2!

They are both currently selling for the same price, $399.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
If I was you I would sell it and buy an iPad Air 2!

They are both currently selling for the same price, $399.
Well, I was really contemplating stepping up to the larger size once the price dropped. Additionally, 64GB Wifi Air 2's were in the Apple Refurb Store for $419 (if anyone still wants one, how's the time!), and since I have some items to trade in (two iPhone 4's and an 1st gen mini from my mother as I give her my mini 2) and an Apple Store Gift Card, I was going to get it. But now, this changes things a bit haha. Maybe, an Apple Watch? Lol, although I might still do the trade in and just hold the Gift Cards until the Fall...

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Well, I was really contemplating stepping up to the larger size once the price dropped. Additionally, 64GB Wifi Air 2's were in the Apple Refurb Store for $419 (if anyone still wants one, how's the time!), and since I have some items to trade in (two iPhone 4's and an 1st gen mini from my mother as I give her my mini 2) and an Apple Store Gift Card, I was going to get it. But now, this changes things a bit haha. Maybe, an Apple Watch? Lol, although I might still do the trade in and just hold the Gift Cards until the Fall...
Btw, has the iPad been shipped? It does sound a little too good to be true lol!

bevsb2

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2012
Congrats! I have a mini 4 and it is a great device. Perfect for portability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.