so I lost my files -- how do I get my purchased iTunes stuff back?

alec

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Washington DC
Simple question that I can't seem to figure out. I had a crash and I want to get all of my purchased stuff back from iTunes. My 'Purchased' playlist is empty now. How do I get it back all of the items I bought?

Thanks!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
This is why you should back things up. Contact Apple and very nicely and sheepishly explain to them what happened. They'll likely give you a lecture about the importance of backing up your data, then allow you to redownload your purchased stuff. Then make sure you back things up, as I wouldn't really expect that they'd allow you to redownload a second time if you have further problems.

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
alec said:
I had a crash and I want to get all of my purchased stuff back from iTunes. My 'Purchased' playlist is empty now. How do I get it back all of the items I bought?
Also, before you run off and bug apple for a re-download, you should have a look in your iTunes folder to verify if your purchased music has actually disappeared, or if iTunes has just lost track of it somehow (assuming by crash you don't mean a full disk crash/re-install that is!)