So I lost my iPod Touch and washed my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CJM, Dec 21, 2009.

1. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Within the space of two weeks. Yeah it's dumb. Yeah I feel stupid and a little lost. :eek:

I had planned on getting the next version of the iPhone when it came out, but now I'm phoneless and using my old 2nd or 3rd gen 15GB iPod.

Should I just buy a cheap Pay As You Go phone to tide me over 'til the product refresh, or give in and get a 32GB 3GS?

The Buyer's Guide says wait, but I think the only upgrade likely to come in the next couple of months is the possibility of a 64GB iPhone.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

The buyer guide is worthless due to a data point due to a price drop on the first iPhone that really needs to be removed. The next update will be in june/july like it is every year.
    Sorry I can not remember the exact month I just know it is in the summer during a "J" month

3. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

i would just buy a cheap cell phone or maybe even a decent cell phone (razr 2) and use that will your current plan until the new iphone comes out.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'd recommend something resilient and tethered:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, you will wait until June for an iPhone refresh. If you must have an iPhone buy it now (you can get the $199 water-logged special replacement). If you are that hard on devices, go cheap.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. OP you need to be more careful with your possessions. ;)

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd go with the $199 refurb replacement. You'll still be able to upgrade in the summer and can sell the refurb at that time to recoup the cost.

7. MacManiac87 macrumors newbie

I don't think he ever had an iPhone, idk maybe he did.

8. CJM thread starter macrumors 65816

CJM

No, never had one, I washed my Sony Ericsson K810i ;P

And yeah, I think this is just a major spot of bad luck, had both devices for a couple of years.

Sounds reasonable, I'll just buy a cheap temporary phone. Plus I get retro points.