So I love my Macbook, but how can I make it better?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Suno, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

Are there any applications, modifications, or other nifty things that you guys have done/downloaded on your Macbook that makes it better than other people's?

For example, I swapped out the default HDD with a M3 SSD, and downloaded Trim Enabler and enabled that on my laptop. It's a small change, but one that I feel makes my laptop just that much better than the next hipster at Starbucks with a Mac.

The word 'better' here being used lightly and jokingly. Of course I'm not implying my laptop is superior or anything nonsensical. I just love my Macbook and wish to make it better.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For Macs (and most laptops) you can only increase the ram, and replace the drive. You've done the latter.

It all depends on what you use it for. If you just use it for surfing the web, email, facebook etc. Then adding more ram won't help that much.

As for recommending applications, please visit our Mac Applications forum, there's too many to list and without specifying what you're looking for its difficult to say what would be good for you.

3. jmdMac macrumors regular

4. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Put a sticker on the cover. That will make you cool.:p

5. Suno thread starter macrumors 6502

Suno

Already did :p

[​IMG]

6. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

On second thought, maybe not.

"After initial startup, BetterTouchTool for Mac attempted to access all of the computers on the test network, which is a strange function for the type of features offered..."

-Excerpt from the above referenced link

7. jmdMac macrumors regular

I can't seem to find the actual review where that is stated, seems more like misinformation. If you find it please link it, that would give some legitimacy to the claim.