So I made a new site : )

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Jason Beck, Oct 27, 2009.

?

Do you like the general direction my site is heading?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2009.
  1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
  1. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

It's for my portfolio / school stuff / blogs etc. It is nowhere near done, I have only been working on it for a few days. If you guys could go check it out and let me know if you like the track it's on, I would appreciate it.

Everything is coming together nice, I am trying to keep it clean and simple and to the point. : ) Thanks, Jason

http://jbeck.blackapplehost.com

2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

I like it. You look to have a good foundation for your site.

Just three things that stood out for me.

1: I'm not sure of the color of the green links, especially the larger links on the blog page. They seem very luminescent, and kind of break some of the subtle coloring of the rest of the site.

2: The eyes banner. Just seems a tad over powering. It seems to me it invades your reading, as its always on your peripheral vision. Just my opinion.

3: Again, main banner. On the top right side, the white background lines up neatly with your header area, but it jars on the lefthand side, where the white just cuts into the black and fade in white of the eyes banner. It gives the illusion that the page is sitting more to the left ( I realize this is also partly because it is off center), possibly because the banner seems kiltered to the right.

But those are just small things. Overall, would definitly have no problems reading.

3. Jason Beck thread starter macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I will be replacing that logo sometime soon, i don't care much for it either. : ) Cool though, I am glad it appears "clean" for others. Alright then, awesome.

I'll keep pluggin' away at it. Thanks!

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I really like it, just a few minor things, every-time you load a new page the background seems to reload each time, which gets a bit annoying, also personally I think that the box in the middle should stay in the same place and be the same size on all pages.

I'm no web designer and not in with what's fashionable in web design, but I love the green eyes and the way that is the only color, also love the background image and love the layout. It's not too clean and simple, has a hint of artyness to it, to the point yes! Nice work! :)

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The background loads every time because the site is made with iWeb (am i right?), I agree you should make sure your main content body should be the same size on all the pages. thats not hard to do just decide what size you want for all to be.

7. Jason Beck thread starter macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Oh, no, I used RapidWeaver. I included that made on a Mac.png that iWeb uses because I liked it : p I converted it to jpg and just threw it on there.
    Yah I agree about the size issue. I will fix that in a few mins. Thanks for the feedback!

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Also i noticed on the contact me page, the background is in low quality from all the other pages.

9. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

I think the link has gone down because i cant seem to view it.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless