iPhone So, I may have just deleted MobileMail.app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrf097, Jan 1, 2014.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

So, I went to go manually change my mail icon, and using iFile I replaced the standard "Icon@2x.png" with my custom "Icon@2x.png", deleted the icon cache, and respringed.

I had also changed Safari's icon, and I'm having no issues with that. However, the phone seems to act as if the Mail app never even existed. The app is COMPLETELY gone. "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" is missing from settings, using Spotlight to search for it produces no results, and attempting to send an email via another app simple opens up settings.

I'm an experienced jailbreaker and I did know what I was doing, so I'm heavily confused as to why simply changing the icon caused the entire app to disappear? I double checked to make sure I was only replacing the icon.

Is it possible to get a reupload of the mail app from an A1429 iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4? Should I just go ahead and reinstall iOS completely? Or is simply the naming of the icon ruining everything?

Thanks for all the help.

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Var/mobile/library/ifile is the trash for ifile if it accidentally was deleted..

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

com.apple.MobileMail was still in tact, and going to the trash didn't show any files I deleted other than the original Mail app.

Anyways, I went ahead and restored, replaced the icon again, and lo and behold everything is a-ok.

I have no idea why replacing that icon would've caused it to freak out like that, but oh well. It's fixed now.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Good to hear. I myself just did a dfu restore today and set up as new for kicks & giggles:)