So I must say...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JNL Productions, Jun 14, 2012.

1. JNL Productions macrumors member

I got my new retina Macbook Pro with the 3820QM i7 processor, 16gb ram, and 512gb SSD and I'm loving it. Everyone keeps complaining about the lack of upgradability but people really need to understand that this new laptop could not have come into existence without such proprietary components that Apple uses. I've been playing Diablo 3 at 2880x1800 and it runs very smoothy (obviously better at lower resolutions but still very playable). There's really no underlying purpose to this thread but I just want to convey that my experience so far today has been fantastic. The only negative I guess would be the fact that any non-retina apps don't look great. However, the future will fix that for the most part. So, anyone debating on getting the new Macbook Pro? I say go for it. I was thinking about buying a variety of different laptops from an Alienware to Razer's Blade and I am very happy that I chose to wait.

Cheers

2. Rmafive macrumors 6502

Sounds like you are enjoying your new computer! These posts are just making me even more anxious to get mine!