So I never ever never use the pull down notifications center..

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Shockwave78, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Can I disable the notification center in settings and still receive the pop up notification strings? Or is this a all in one feature?

Basically I NEVER. Swipe down to pull the notification center down...wondering if I can disable/shut anything off to improve battery life(which I am happy with already)

2. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

You can't disable the swipe-down notification centre. Just leave it there if you don't use it.

However, I know majority of the iOS users do use it since it debuted in iOS 5.

And no, the presence of the notification centre has no impact whatsoever on battery life.

3. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Have you tried disabling every app from NC might work I dunno

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

You can't turn the whole NC off, but you can go to settings>notifications>XYZapp> Notification Center OFF and have it be empty.

5. adm.hpe macrumors member

Amen to that. I don't really see the point in it. Why have a notification centre, when you have seperate badges (numerical) that display the notification on each app and also a list on your lockscreen as to what's gone on since you last looked at it.

I used it on Android as the badges from each app were pants, but it's not needed for me on my iPhone 5.

6. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

The point is so you have all of your notifications all in one place, instead of being scattered around your home screen. if it bothers you guys so much, then don't use it.

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

So you don't have to swipe through pages of apps to see which ones have badges, and then open each one to see more details about the notification.

8. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Although some people may say that Apple took this feature from Android, but I still think it's a very useful feature for keeping track of all your notifications in one place.

9. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I can't think of an easier way to quickly check weather, stock prices, incoming phone calls at my house, etc.....I use it all the time.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I just wish I could access toggles from that pull down.

11. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

It seems as though, even with the integration of Facebook/twitter status in there, that it was designed as an "info only" type feature. Wonder if they will cave and change it though?

12. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I actually love the Notification Center and use it all the time!

I have actually disabled ALL the badge icons so that I can just view all my notifications in NC.;)

13. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

MEH. Who cares who got it from who or where. It's super useful, and I (personally) think of it as one of the design features that every OS should have.

+1 and OMG I never thought of that! :D

I mainly use it while I am "in app." A quick flick downward to see what my wife said in that last text, or where that e-mail came from, and BOOM, right back to my game/reminder/whathaveyou. Still gets me that some apps need to reload, even if you just backed out a second ago.