So I put the wrong state when I preordered my 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SonRK, Sep 11, 2016.

1. SonRK macrumors 6502

I looked at my order and realized I put the wrong state in when I preordered my 7+. This is what happens at 3:10AM apparently.

I called Apple and they said since it's a monthly program, they're not able to change the shipping address...and I said "errr..okay"

They gave me two options. First is to cancel and re-order. Obviously said no to that. Second is since the address and town don't exist in NY (I meant to put NJ), then it might actually arrive. If there's an error at UPS, then I could call them and have them send it to the correct address.

Do you guys think I should just be vigilant on when I get a shipping number and give UPS a call? Would I even get one? I assume UPS systems would check if an address is a valid before putting it on a truck or something.

2. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

If Apple is saying they can't change the shipping address (which is weird IMO), I'd probably just cancel and reorder. Pain in the ass...yes, but it could also save you a potential headache down the line

3. ovo6 macrumors 6502a

Doesn't ups let u change the address when the package is on the way but it's gonna cost also all my Apple iPhones have been delivered thru fedex

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Apple changed my delivery address two years ago while the phone was enroute (I live in Maryland but was visiting Utah). I really thinks it's down to whether or not you get an Apple rep on the line that feels like doing the work.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you have the right zip code it will go to the right address.