So i shared my apple ID with someone.. i have concerns

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by zetta22, Aug 18, 2013.

1. zetta22 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone .. A friend asked me to give him my apple ID because he wanted to download a paid application, I signed in to my ID using his iphone and now i have concerns if there's any cons from doing this? Can he see my icloud pictures and stuff?
    I don't have his iphone anymore .. so what should i do ?
    Thanks

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Can your friend and tell him to sign out. If you don't trust him over the iPhone, ask for a screen shot of proof he signed out.

3. zetta22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't trust him and i'm not able to see him these days. Does changing my ID password make him logout or something?

Thanks

4. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Just change the password.
    It will eventually require him to enter it anyways.
    Problem solved.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Yes, he can only download things that you already have.

6. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

If you don't trust this guy - why give him or ID then?

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

So your main concern is he will see your iCloud pictures? Whatever it is you don't want him to see, it may already be too late. He could have made a copy etc
    I'm gussing you are rather young?
    Can I be honest here.
    Never give anybody your password, or log them into your I/d no matter how good a friend they are.
    Sounds like this is probably your ex. Considering you are probably the generation that grew up with this sort of technology, I can't believe how nieve you have been.
    By the way, if he knows the I/d password, do you use it anywhere else? I suggest you change them all.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Termination of your account due to violating the terms is one potential con.

Change your password, don't share your credentials with your friends & read and understand the terms.

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Depending on the restriction settings on his phone, he could have purchased applications and made in-app purchases that will be charged to you. If you only signed in to the iTunes Store (and didn't show him your password) then he will not be able to do anything else that requires entering the password again.

If your iCloud account has the same password, you should consider making it different than your Apple ID for security reasons including *and* unrelated to your question. :)

And again, change your password if you haven't already. :D

Good luck!

10. zetta22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone! i just signed in and didn't show him my password, he asked me to and i just couldn't refuse..
    I've changed my password. thanks

11. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

You can always refuse. After all technically you breached the terms and conditions you signed when you got an apple I/d.

12. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

That's why passwords can be changed... so you're not stuck with using the same one over and over. :D But I don't understand why you needed to come here and sign up just to figure this out :confused:

Oh for god’s sake…

13. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Do yourself a favor that will benefit you for the rest of your life: Learn how to say "NO" and mean it.

14. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

why even post? you addressed none of what she was asking in your ridiculous and judgmental reply.

OP, just change your password at this point as has been mentioned above.

15. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Thanks for the critique of my post. I was passing on useful advice for somebody.

You just advised her to change he'd password (which she said she already had, about half way through the thread)

So why bother posting?

16. Bear macrumors G3

Why did you let him buy an application using your account? He should have his own account for buying apps. Also, it does violate the ToS.

And depending on which spots you entered the account information is how much of your data he can see. Didn't he sign back on to his own account after he downloaded the app?

17. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Well said.

18. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

That's the opposite of what MBHockey thinks!

19. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I thought you did a good analysis (not sure how accurate, but I think it's damn near spot on) and you ended it with what's important "change all your passwords".