So i spilled juice on my mac...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Avichi, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Avichi macrumors newbie

Hi!

About 7 hours ago, i managed to spill apple juice on my mac by an accident. Even though it was not much, i freaked out and quickly turned it off, pulled the power adapter out and turned it upside-down.
    Is there anything more I can do with it to minimize the damage?(If it even is damaged)
    Since i`m only 13 years old i dont feel safe about taking it apart.

Sorry for my bad english. :)

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Do not plug it back in or turn it on. Until you know it's safe.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

have someone older open it up to clean any juice away that you can ... and next time use a sippy cup when you have your juice

4. Avichi thread starter macrumors newbie

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I would also suggest buying a keyboard protector. It'll help a lot if you're prone to spilling things.

6. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

A popular trick is to put the mac book into a sealed plastic bag and fill it with uncooked rice.

The idea is that the rice will absorb moisture as it evaporates out of the computer.

I've not tried it myself, but several people say it works.

7. Android300zx macrumors regular

Just clean it with a moist paper towel. Turn it upside down and shake it gently to shake out any liquid that may have seeped in. I don't recommend the rice trick but if you do it make sure to put a piece of paper over your screen and tape it so you don't scratch the Mac with the rice.

8. Avichi thread starter macrumors newbie

So i tried to turn it on today after i had followed some of your steps, the problem is that i have to type in my password. And when i do so, it says that its incorrect, wich I know its not. I'm pretty sure theres something wrong with the keyboard. Is there any way i can bypass the password or just see what i type? I have allready tried to boot from the Snow Leopard disc but it still asks me for my password.

9. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

There's most likely sticky residue left from the spill. If you are comfortable with the task, disassemble / clean / reassemble? If not, then visit a computer repair shop.

10. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

Give the laptop to a person who is mature and responsible enough to look after something of value with respect and dignity... you are obviously too young to be trusted

11. Avichi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I've found out that the problem is that the caps-lock button does not work, At least i think so because when i write something in single user mode it only writes in capital letters.

12. Avichi thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, the problem is actually with the shift-key, so it boots up in safemode and i can't connect to the internet. How do i fix this, Are there some guides? Its a 2010 model.