so i think i got hired?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ebaydan777, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ebaydan777 macrumors member

basically...i went through my last interview, the manager at the apple store said he wanted to move on with me so we went through the background check, i got the copy of the background check sent to my home yesterday so i called apple and talked to a girl that runs the hiring process, and i asked her if they knew anything with the status of my hiring and she put me on hold and when she came back she said "oh daniel ya one of the managers will call you soon to come in and fill out paperwork", she said they wouldnt call me the same day but "soon" lol, this happened noon yesterday but still no call today either, does this actually mean i got hired, i didnt ask i didnt want to feel like im intruding or anything and i forgot to ask anyways but it seems like i got hired and i just need to sign the official papers right?

sorry i typed this all grammatically incorrect im in class right now and trying to type fast, a response would be nice :) thanks!! -Daniel

2. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

....I think you'll have to cancel your MR membership now...conflict of interest and all that rot...I think that's why iGary had to leave.

3. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Yes indeed you will have to stop posting here if you get hired, apple does not allow it :/

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well it seems you got hired, but you won't know until that phone rings.....let us know (if you can)

6. ebaydan777 thread starter macrumors member

didnt get hired, was just about to have the OK go through and then they told me they have a problem with my background check (i have a minor misdemeanor as an accessory with theft)....i never did anything but i happened to be with the person that did not knowingly, i guess the law decided i was still in trouble

im really mad though because i get it expunged off my record in the next couple months, i dont want to have to go through all this interview stuff for another month just cause this stupid little thing isnt off my record :(

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm sorry to hear that.

8. ebaydan777 thread starter macrumors member

ya im sorry too :(

im really bummed right now i went through more than a month and 3 interviews for this job and now it doesnt looks like its gonna happen

the manager said apple will decide if i get to work or not, but that word "theft" on my record doesnt help whether im an accessory or not =/

9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Change your MR screen name and don't let people know you are posting as an Apple employee.

The thing I like about my job is that even though we work very closely with Apple, they can not regulate my forum postings.:D

10. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Oh really? I was wondering what happened to him.....

11. sananda macrumors 68020

sorry to hear you didn't get it.

but no-one is going to hire someone with a dishonesty conviction. but you say soon it will be removed, so that's good.

12. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Me too. Mystery solved.

13. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

not really true. we used to read MR at work when I worked at :apple:

14. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    dude, call the background check people and tell them they need to update your record and make sure it is accurate. Call the girl at Apple and tell her you filed a complaint with the company (Hireright, right?).

i got a copy of my background check and it said i'd been involved in assaults and various other crimes, and served time, all in the state of Texas, and I've never even been there! The name on the criminal report wasn't even mine! I got a letter two days later from Apple saying they had to turn me down and then a phone call (actually earlier that day) to set up a fourth interview.

i'm just waiting to work out the money side of things now and hopefully i'll be off to Cupertino to train as a Genius....

give it a go, you never know...

15. adk macrumors 68000

adk

That won't work, as the conviction is actually him http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=354155

16. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

17. TheQuestion macrumors regular

The question is do reading and posting entail the same thing?

18. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

It probably doesn't matter if his name is in the USIS(?) Theft Database. Where I work (retail), we screen all of our prospective employees through it and if they come up as a bad apple, they don't get hired no matter how outstanding they might be otherwise.

19. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

A juvenile record should not appear in USIS except to certain portions of the government. That's why I asked.